I don’t know about everyone else, but I love a good bargain, and it’s very rare to come across your favourite beauty product at a discounted rate. But how would you feel if I was to tell you that you could have some of your absolute all-time favourite beauty products, and a few more that you may not have tried, with some fantastic discounts?
How is this possible? It’s all thanks to House of Fraser’s Beauty Confidential event. Beauty lovers can rejoice and whip out their wallets as this department store brings back the hottest event in the cosmetics calendar from Thursday 2nd April until Sunday 19th April. For two and a half weeks, House of Fraser is offering £10 off one of your favourite products when you purchase it alongside one of the 30 items highlighted as a Beauty Confidential Favourite. Their 30 favourite products have been selected as bestsellers for 2015, and are very rarely discounted, so this is an absolute steal. I personally can’t wait to get my hands on some fantastic bargains – there are a few products on that list that I am absolutely dying to try!
For those of you who can’t wait to get to your nearest House of Fraser, I have included a full list of the 30 favourites for your reference. But to whet your appetite for what is to come, I have decided to highlight four of my own favourites from the list.
1. bareMinerals Get Started® Complexion Kit, £39
I bought something similar to this kit (same brand, not quite the same kit) for the first time a few years ago as an impulse purchase during a flight to Malaga, but I must say that it has become one of my favourite purchases to date. Perfect for those days when you want to feel like you aren’t wearing a ton of make-up, but still want a relatively good amount of coverage, this will make you fall in love with minerals. It comes in six shades, it has a primer (which I STILL haven’t got my hands on), and it even has its own cute little bag to carry all of your mineral magic wherever you go!
2. Urban Decay Naked Palette, £38
Where would I be without my Naked palette? I’m going to confess, I am dreadful at the smokey eye when it comes to using blacks and greys. I look like I’ve been smacked in the face repeatedly, but I am happy to admit defeat if it means that I can use Urban Decay’s Naked palette forever. I’ve been a fan of Urban Decay since I was a teenager, and I can honestly say that there isn’t a colour in this kit that I wouldn’t use. I’ve been through at least four of these already (partly because my mum steals it upon occasion), and it’s still my absolute favourite.
3. Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate 30ml, £36
After hearing SO much hype about this product, I dropped hints to my lovely mum and received this as a surprise Christmas gift last year. I don’t always remember to use it, but when I do, I totally notice that my skin is more radiant and hydrated. Just a few drops is enough to cover the face, and by morning you can feel the moisture restored to your skin, as if it is magically undoing all of the damage of the day. I never forget to put this on after a night out!
4. Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup SPF10 30ml £29.50
Now I can’t vouch for this one personally, as I am pretty cheap and cheerful when it comes to my foundation, but my best friend wouldn’t use anything else, and we are practically joined at the hip, so I figured it was a safe bet! I have been with her to purchase Double Wear, and I can vouch for the incredible range of colours, the very thing that drew my friend to the product in the first place. She has incredibly pale skin, and was matched with a shade that perfectly compliments her skin tone. As for its durability, I have had many a night out her, and her make-up is still flawless by the time we reach our taxi home, so it must be doing something right!
The full list of Beauty Confidential Favourites 2015 – receive £10 discount on any of these products when purchased alongside your own favourite beauty product in store.
1. Bobbi Brown Brow Kit £35
2. bareMinerals Get Started® Complexion Kit £39
3. Origins Modern Friction™ Nature’s Gentle Dermabrasion 125ml £33
4. Clarins Double Serum 50ml £69
5. Urban Decay Naked Palette £38
6. Sisley Black Rose Cream Mask 60ml £95.50
7. Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick £32.50
8. Guerlain Météorites Baby Glow 30ml £35.50
9. Lancôme Miracle Cushion Fluid SPF23+ Foundation 30ml £29.50
10. Elizabeth Arden PREVAGE® Anti-Aging Treatment Boosting Cleanser 125ml £39
11. Lancôme Génifique Yeux Light-Pearl Concentrate 20ml £46
12. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation 30ml £36.50
13. Clarins Tonic Body Treatment Oil 100ml £40
14. Lancôme Galateis Douceur 400ml £36
15. Clarins Super Restorative Total Eye Concentrate 15ml £54
16. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion 125ml + Pump £30
17. Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate 30ml £36
18. Crème de la Mer Moisturising Cream 30ml £105
19. Origins Plantscription Anti-Aging Power Serum 30ml £48
20. Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup SPF10 30ml £29.50
21. Guerlain Météorites Base Perfecting Pearls 30ml £44.50
22. Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat Blur Primer 30ml £29.50
23. Decléor Aromessence Solaire Tan Serum for Body 100ml £44
24. Clinique Smart Custom Serum 50ml £68
25. Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Recovery Complex II 50ml £69
26.Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Powder £35.50
27. Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF30 40ml £28
28. Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF15 30ml £31
29. Estée Lauder Perfectionist [CP+R] Serum 50ml £75
30. Yves Saint Laurent Fusion Ink Foundation 25ml £31.50